“I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.”
-Michael “MJ” Jordan
I am not saying that I’m Jordan, but I’m not denying it either. However, I can confirm that I fail over and over.
My hair and I have an on-off relationship, like my friends who change their Facebook status every time I sneeze.
I went back to natural 3.4 years ago. For the past three years my failing streak began around wintertime. I slack on trims, moisturizing, and bunch of other stuff that stunts growth and hair health. Why? I dedicate less time to my hair.
I fail in winter because I am…
- wrapping up the year more and taking care of my hair less
- celebrating holidays (esp. my burfday)
- frustrated with winter for sucking out all of my hair’s moisture
- adding new interests/activities to my better my life
- not big on protective styling
- afraid of wigs (I briefly braved on this year though)
Scissors have a way of wiping away my failures, so I booked an appointment with Felicia Leatherwood for a trim and shape. I have fresh ends for a fresh start and extra volume.
Here we go again…